Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant – CRM Customer Engagement Center
Gartner estimates that by 2019, over 85% of new packaged customer service and support software will be delivered on a cloud-based model
Gartner believes SaaS will emerge as an essential selection factor for CRM customer engagement centers
Salesforce, Pegasystems, Microsoft, Oracle and Zendesk are in hte upper righthand quadrant exhibiting vision and the a leader in the category based on traction
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycle – Sales Force Automation (SFA)
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Digital Marketing Hubs
Digital Marketing Hubs provide a system that can integrate and coordinate data and activities across channels, devices and contexts, continuously and in real time.
Digital marketing hubs addresses 4 main areas:
Master Audience Profile
- Combining first-party, second-party and third-party data across known and anonymous customers and prospects for precision targeting and tracking of offers and experiences.
- A consistent view of customers (including anonymous ones) across marketing programs and processes is the baseline for effective communication.
Workflow & Collaboration
- Supporting marketing programs with core services through ideation, planning and monitoring of customer journeys and experience designs, internally and with partners.
- Uniform collaboration and workflow are keys to breaking down operational silos that result in disjointed, incoherent customer experiences.
- Driving the sequencing and coordination of engagement across channels.
- Specialized channel-specific execution is sometimes prudent, but consumers are engaging on their own terms, freely switching among channels and devices. Multichannel marketing programs need shared intelligence and automation to optimize each interaction in real time.
- However, a DMH is not a campaign management platform, since it is not directly concerned with channel execution but, rather, with coordination of data and content across campaigns and channels.
Unified Measurement & Optimization
- Tying investments to outcomes to optimize decisions to the highest yield. Unless marketing programs are measured by a common set of rules, marketers will squander resources and lose out to more efficient competitors.
- This is an area where DMHs may overlap with digital marketing analytics, although the focus of DMHs is on real-time operational applications of data rather than advanced analysis.
Magic Quadrant for Cloud Strategic Corporate Performance Management Solutions 2017
Strategic corporate performance management solutions support the office of finance’s efforts to manage organizational performance and strategy.
By 2020, at least 25% of organizations will achieve more collaborative, continuous and consistent financial planning and performance management by closely linking key operational and financial planning processes.
The strategic corporate performance management (SCPM) market is shifting from mature on-premises offerings to cloud solutions as finance application leaders seek to reduce application support costs, increase application flexibility and shorten the time to value.
New solutions built, or significantly re-architected as, cloud services are typically easier to use and maintain than the previous generation of on-premises offerings.
Go to Market Gartner Magic Quadrant – Sales Force Automation (SFA)
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools 2017
Data management is gaining attention due to Big Data, Cloud, social, mobile, and IoT technologies.
Gartner believes that an enterprise cloud data management platform powered by artificial intelligence (AI) is critical to integrating all types of data for a variety of use-cases from big data analytics to real-time operations.
To be a leading data integration vendor, Gartner suggests that vendors must be able to manage small and big, unstructured and structured data, batch and real-time streaming, on-premises and cloud or hybrid deployments, and deliver trusted data in a self-service fashion to everyone from business analysts to citizen integrators.
A successful data management strategy should include big data and cloud data integration, data quality, integration hubs, data cataloging, real-time streaming, B2B integration, master data management, data governance, and data security.
Go to Market Gartner Magic Quadrant – BI & Analytics
Built-in data governance that balances empowerment with control
A Hyper-speed data engine to enable faster analysis on larger data volumes
Self-service data prep that lets you quickly transform data for analysis
Advanced analytics for everyone
Flexible hybrid deployments
Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms
IBM, SAS, RapidMiner, KNIME
MathWorks (new), Quest (formerly Dell), Alteryx, Angoss
Microsoft, H2O.ai (new), Dataiku (new), Domino Data Lab (new), Alpine Data
Niche Players (3)
FICO, SAP, Teradata (new)
Go to Market Gartner Magic Quadrant – Digital File Systems
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Management Solutions for Analytics
Market Accelerators: more demand for broad solutions that address multiple data types and offer distributed processing and repository and cloud solutions gaining traction.
Data management solutions for analytics manage and process internal and external data of diverse types in diverse formats, in combination with data from traditional internal sources (IoT, sound, images, video, etc.).
Cloud is an alternative deployment option, because of its flexibility, agility and operational pricing models – cloud and on-premises hybrid are quickly becoming the norm, so organizations expect vendors to support them in enabling such deployments.
Traditional data warehouse inquiries are now fewer than those for the logical data warehouse, according to Gartner.
Gartner defines a data management solution for analytics (DMSA) is defined as a complete software system that supports and manages data in one or many file management systems (most commonly a database or multiple databases).
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service 2017
- An integration platform as a service (iPaaS) provides capabilities to enable subscribers to implement data, application, API and process integration projects spanning cloud-resident and on-premises endpoints.
- This is achieved by developing, deploying, executing, managing and monitoring “integration flows” (aka “integration interfaces”) — that is, integration applications bridging between multiple endpoints so that they can work together.
- An iPaaS is typically used for cloud service integration (CSI) and application to application (A2A) integration scenarios.
- Increasingly, iPaaS is also being used for business to business (B2B) integration, mobile application integration (MAI), API publishing and Internet of Things (IoT) integration scenarios.
- Is designed to support enterprise-class integration projects (that is, projects requiring high availability, disaster recovery, security, service-level agreements [SLAs] and technical support from the provider)
- Can support several of the use cases mentioned above
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycle – Emerging Technologies
3 distinct mega trends that will enable businesses to survive and thrive in the digital economy over the next five to 10 years:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) everywhere
- Transparently immersive experiences
- Digital platforms
Gartner believes that AI technologies will be the most disruptive class of technologies over the next 10 years based on:
- Computational power
- Near-endless amounts of data
- Unprecedented advances in deep neural networks
Transparently Immersive Experiences
Gartner believes that technology will continue to become more human-centric blurring the line of transparency between people, businesses and things. Transparently immersive experiences are expected to be entwined as the evolution of technology becomes:
- More adaptive
- Fluid within the workplace, at home, and in interacting with businesses and other people
Gartner expects emerging technologies to revolutionize the enabling foundations that provide the volume of data needed, advanced compute power, and ubiquity-enabling ecosystems. The shift from compartmentalized technical infrastructure to ecosystem-enabling platforms is predicted to establish the foundation for entirely new business models that are forming the bridge between humans and technology.
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycle – Data Science
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles – Digital Marketing & Advertising
Gartner’s 2016 Hype Cycle for Digital Marketing and Advertising identifies 4 forces that are driving a data-centric future for marketers
As marketing technologies (Martech) and advertising technology (Adtech) converge, there are 4 forces that point to a data-centric future for marketers:
- Real-time marketing techniques
- The use of contextual clues
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles – The Key Technology Forces
Gartner believes that the convergence of Martech and Adtech create a growing dependence on data-driven strategies and tactics.
From a strategic point of view, Gartner believes that the convergence is the result of a continuing focus on delivering compelling and valued customer experiences, regardless of the market or the product or service. gartner points out that technologies such as data management platforms, marketing analytics, marketing automation and predictive analytics are increasingly shared in Martech and Adtech stacks.
Event-Triggered and Real-Time Marketing Techniques
Gartner believes that the drive to be able to react in the moment and move the customer or prospect along the path to purchase and advocacy puts the focus on mobile marketing and predictive analytics. This is especially true in B2C, especially retail.
Gartner points out that personalization and “personification” technology profiles are maturing at a rapid rate. This is driven by marketers as they look to create 1:1 opportunities while balancing consumer concerns about privacy and security.
Gartner presumes that the use of the contextual cues signaled by consumer and prospect usage of mobile devices — cues such as traffic conditions, appointments, the local weather, their presence near a mall or retail district — is driving marketers’ overall interest in proximity marketing, the Internet of Things and wearables.
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles – Emerging Technologies
The Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles Special Report Distills Insight From More Than 2K Technologies
Gartner’s 2016 Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies identifies 3 key trends that companies should track and manage to establish a competitive advantage. Specifically, Gartner believes that these technology trends are significant for organizations facing rapidly accelerating digital business innovation.
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles – 3 Overarching Technology Trends
- Transparently immersive experiences
- The perceptual smart machine age
- The platform revolution
Gartner believes these trends will create new experiences that allow organizations to connect with new business ecosystems.
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles – Transparently Immersive Experiences
Gartner believes this technology will continue to become more human-centric (transparency between people, businesses and things). This relationship will become much more entwined as the evolution of technology becomes more adaptive, contextual and fluid within the workplace, at home, and interacting with businesses and other people.
Transparently Immersive Experiences requires a number of technologies: 4D Printing, Brain-Computer Interface, Human Augmentation, Volumetric Displays, Affective Computing, Connected Home, Nanotube Electronics, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Gesture Control Devices.
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles – Perceptual Smart Machine Age
Gartner believes that Smart Machine Technologies will be the most disruptive class of technologies over the next ten years.
Radical computational power, near-endless amounts of data, and unprecedented advances in deep neural networks will enable organizations with smart machine technologies to harness data, adapt to new situations and solve problems that have not been encountered previously.
Relevant Technologies Include: Smart Dust, Machine Learning, Virtual Personal Assistants, Cognitive Expert Advisors, Smart Data Discovery, Smart Workspace, Conversational User Interfaces, Smart Robots, Commercial UAVs (Drones), Autonomous Vehicles, Natural-Language Question Answering, Personal Analytics, Enterprise Taxonomy and Ontology Management, Data Broker PaaS, and Context Brokering.
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles – The Platform Revolution
The shift from technical infrastructure to ecosystem-enabling platforms is creating a foundation for entirely new business models that are forming the bridge between humans and technology.
Organizations must proactively understand and redefine their strategies to create platform-based business models. And, it will be key to exploit internal and external algorithms in order to provide value.
Key Technologies Include: Neuromorphic Hardware, Quantum Computing, Blockchain, IoT Platform, Software-Defined Security and Software-Defined Anything .
Go to Market Gartner Hype Cycles – Internet of Things IoT
By 2019, 80% of new applications using IoT or machine data will analyze data in motion as well as collect this information for analysis of data at rest.
The McKinsey Global Institute report, The Internet of Things: Mapping the Value Beyond the Hype, estimates that IoT has a potential economic impact of $3.9T to $11.1T by 2025.