When respondents to an online survey where asked, “What is the average selling price for B2B sales”, the responses resembled that of a bell curve.
- 20% of B2B sales were reported in the $25K-50K range
- 18% of respondents reported in the $50K-100K range
- 15% of B2B sales were reported over $250K
- 10% of respondents reported under $5K
- 10% of B2B sales were reported under $5K-10K range
- 13% of respondents reported under $10K-25K range
- 14% of B2B sales were reported under $100-250K range
About the B2B Survey
The online survey was conducted in the fourth quarter of 2012 with U.S. companies selling B2B. 247 completed surveys were complied across multiple industries and revenue ranges. Approximately, one-third of the companies included had revenue of less than $10M and one-quarter had revenues in excess of $500M. More than half the respondents identified themselves as marketing executives (director or above), just less than a quarter were marketing managers and almost 15% were categorized as sales managers. Approximately 55% of the companies represented were public companies.