When respondents were asked, what sales force automation software they used to support their B2B sales process:
- The vast majority, 46%, stated that they used Salesforce.com.
- The next most often mentioned sales force automation software solution was Microsoft Dynamics with 23% of respondents citing this as their SFA system
- 17% reported using Oracle as their sales force automation system
- 9% cited NetSuite as the sales force automation software in use to manage the sales funnel
- 5% said they use RightNow as there pipeline management software
About the B2B Survey
The online survey was conducted in Q4’12 with U.S. companies selling B2B. Almost 250 surveys were completed and compiled across multiple industries and revenue ranges. Approximately, one-third of the companies included in the survey had revenue of less than $10M. Approximately one-quarter had revenues in excess of $500 million dollars. More than half the respondents identified themselves as marketing executives (director level or above). Slightly less than a quarter of survey respondents were marketing managers and almost 15% were categorized as sales managers. Approximately 55% of the companies represented in the online survey were public companies.